What is Responsive Web Design?
The way design and development responds to the user’s behavior and environment based on the screen size, platform and orientation.
The design should be able to resize to fit all the contents on that page based on the size. If the phone orientates, the design should be able to do that too.
Being responsive has to do with the mix of flexible grids, layout, images and the use of CSS media queries.
How does the Responsive Web Design Work?
It works through the use of CSS ( Cascading Style Sheet). The settings will help you to handle the different style of properties according to your screen size, orientation, resolution, colour capability and other characteristics based on the user’d device.
How to Know if your Website’s Responsive?
- Open google chrome.
- Type in your website.
- Hold Ctrl + Shift + I to open the chrome DevTools.
- To toggle the device toolbar Hold Ctrl + Shift + M.
- Click on the top left content, there you find other types of devices, which you can toggle to, click on any of those and reload if you want it to stay that way.
Why It Matters?
It makes the web designer’s live easier by not working from day and night trying to create website for every single device.
- One site for every device: The website will configure to the user’s device for the user’s optimal viewing pleasure.
- Optimal Design Device: All images, fonts, and other HTML elements will be scaled appropriately to maximize to the user’s screen size.
- No need for redirects: User can access the content that he wants to look at as quickly as possible.
- Effective: Easier for users to manage and web designers can just update from that website.
Responsive web design makes your site mobile-friendly, and also improves the way your site looks on devices with both large and small screens.
To find out more about us, please click here.