About Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization involves making certain changes to your website design and content to make your website more attractive to search engines. Most importantly is to display your website as the best result on the search engine results page.
Search Engine Optimization Techniques- Keyword research
Identifying the search terms that people use in Google and other search engines provides insight into what existing content may be enhanced and what new content can be generated.
Consider the relevancy of each page’s textual pieces — title tags, meta descriptions, headers, and body content — to the keyword themes used by searchers.
Search Engine Optimization Techniques- Content marketing
Create ongoing content tailored to your audience. You don’t have to kick out a new blog post or other content every day. Just publish unique content at least monthly, if not weekly. Consistency is key.
This can be updating existing content or creating brand new pieces of content. it’s important to research what content is already out there and create a compelling piece of content that provides a positive user experience
Search Engine Optimization Techniques- Link building
This can involve
- Identifying high-value pages or sites that are topically relevant;
- Figuring out how to make your content valuable to that site owner; and
- Reaching out directly to request a link or an arrangement that would lead to a link, such as a guest post or interview.
SEM vs. SEO: What Is the Difference?
- SEO – An approach that uses organic methods to appear in search results.
- SEM – An approach that uses paid methods to appear in search results.
Some of the most common paid advertising / SEM platforms include:
- Bing Ads
- Yahoo Ads
- Google Ads
Common SEO metrics can include:
- Organic traffic (including sessions, users, and new users)
- Engagement signals (including time on site, click-through rate, pages per session)
- Referring domains
By combining paid and organic search, you can reach your target audience with more coverage on the SERPs. SEO and SEM don’t have a direct impact on each other on the back end. You won’t rank more highly organically if you spend more on your PPC ads.
Click here if you want to look for SEO services, web design and IT solutions!