Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
What is it?
Search Engine Optimization, also commonly identifiable as SEO, is the process of optimizing, or enhancing a website’s contents such as images, videos and texts among many others for search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing in order to increase the page ranking from the respective search engines.
SEO is an essential technique that is crucial to apply in a website to maximize the amount and quality of traffic from a search engine and improving the purpose of the website such as a business in the process.
Why is Search Engine Optimization Essential?
In this digital age, SEO is vital for a business. As of today, there are an average of 5.6 billion searches made a day in Google solely.
Search Engine Optimization is essential because:
- Majority of the users click on the top 6 search results. Therefore, being on top of the search increases your web traffic.
- SEO improves brand awareness as your site appear more often during the user’s search.
- SEO bring in quality traffic to your site. They’re actually searching things that are relevant to your site.
- Increase your sales & leads with SEO. With higher traffic from people searching for relevant materials, sales and leads can be boosted greatly.
- SEO is one of the best form of marketing. It provides 24/7 constant promotion and maximizing the amount of web traffic.
- SEO is relatively cheap and proven effective.
- Gain the upper hand from your competitors. If there were two sites selling the same products or services, the search engine optimized site will have better traffics and thus, increased sales.
- SEO improves your site’s User Experience. The process of optimizing your site for SEO will improve the User Experience at the same time.