What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the act of promoting and selling products and services by using online marketing tactics like social media marketing, search marketing, and email marketing. It is the use of the Internet, mobile devices, social media, search engines, and other channels to reach consumers
Advantages of digital marketing
- For only a small investment, a website will actually allow you to trade globally and find new markets
- Planned properly
- A well-targeted digital marketing campaign allows you to reach the right customer at a much lower cost compared to traditional marketing methods.
- Use web analytics and other online metric tools to measure online results
- Makes it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been.
- When your customer database is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile and market effectively to them.
- By getting involved with social media and managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with.
- Digital marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using content marketing tactics. Content such as images, videos or articles can gain social currency – being passed from user to user and becoming viral.
Improved conversion rates
- If you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from making a purchase. Unlike other media which require people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop, digital marketing can be seamless and immediate.
In summary, Digital marketing is very important as it helps to target the potential audience in a cost-effective and measurable way. There are other digital marketing advantages which includes increasing brand loyalty and driving online sales.
Click here to find out more.